Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Angel

He tells me I'm his Angel, the one God sent him. Really though, (& it wasn't until I started this post that I thought of it) he's my Angel. He's the one who takes care of my midnight lows & the one who is constantly on my butt about taking my meds and insulin. He's the one who is always there. I was dx'd when I was 19 so  my parents really don't know much about having to take care of me. They have Sunny D and peanut butter stocked at their house for my lows but really they haven't been educated.(That's going to be my next post; educating our loved ones) My Angel knows just by looking at me if I'm low or high. He can tell if I'm having problems talking or thinking that I'm low. He just knows. Thankfully I have him. He has been the biggest blessing to me. This isn't meant to be all mushy (because I'm really not the mushy type) but he is my Angel. He is the one God sent to take care of me and protect me. The other night I went low; I was 31. I woke him up which is hard to do some nights but I've learned to just put the meter in his face & he'll wake up. We were at his parents & forgot to bring my bag of low treats so he had to search through their pantry & find stuff. I ended up eating 3 packets of crackers, drinking an entire Gatorade  a spoonful of peanut butter and a snickers ice cream bar (weigh watchers kind.) I was still soo hungry but I knew I had to stop. That low just hit me so hard and I was starving. He tried to make me take a few units because we both knew I definitely overtreated. I was stubborn & wouldn't though. Surprisingly, when I woke up I was only 248. I really expected to be 300-400. Anyway, that's my Angel, the one God sent to help me with this battle, my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment